Design is a typical engineering discipline and is very important in the framework of engineering services. Even before the implementation of a project, design ensures project’s compliance with client expectations, quality requirements, agreed deadlines and realistic design assessment. Modern methods of design, development of new materials and technologies, current state of the art etc. push boundaries, dictate trends and keep setting new requirements. All this requires constant education and training of project design companies. Besides the requirement for constant education and training, project design companies also assume great responsibility. Professionalism of providers of project design services and assurance of public interest are looked after by the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS). The Chamber of Engineers also lays down conditions to be met by project design organizations and responsible designers.
The design activities may be performed by a company, cooperative or an entrepreneur, i.e. a project design company that has design activity and associated technical advising entered in the register of companies and/or has such an activity registered with the Tax Administration of the Republic of Slovenia. Project design companies may start their activities when entered in the register of project design companies with the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS). In accordance with the Construction Act, Zarja Elektronika is a member of the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (no. 1337) and has authorised engineers (bachelors of engineering), who have passed a professional examination and are members of the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers.
We carry out projects in the following fields:
- Fire alarm
- Fire extinguishing with fixed fire-fighting equipment
- Anti-theft and anti-robbery systems
- Video surveillance systems
- Access control and working hour registration systems
- Hotel systems
- Systems for the detection of hazardous gases and liquids
- Industrial alarm systems
The designer who takes over the production of project documentation shall appoint responsible designers for all designs that make up the project. The responsible designer is responsible for compliance of the project with spatial planning documents, construction regulations and conditions set by the competent consent authorities. The responsible designer has to be entered in the appropriate register with the competent professional order and has to have, after graduating with a university degree, at least five years of work experience in the field of project design services, when acting as the responsible designer of the project design for a complex object, or at least three years of work experience, when acting as a responsible designer of the project design for a less demanding or simple object.
The following education levels are required for responsible designers of individual projects:
- architectural plans – university degree in architecture;
- landscape architecture plans – university degree in landscape architecture;
- construction plans and other building plans – university degree in civil engineering;
- machine installation plans – university degree in mechanical engineering;
- electrical installation plans – university degree in electrical engineering;
- excavation and basic substructure plans for underground works – university degree in mining or university degree in civil engineering;
- technological and other plans – university degree in the field relevant to the content of the plan
Only persons entered in the register of authorised engineers with the IZS may assume the functions of responsible designers and responsible project managers.
The following conditions must be met for the entry in the register of authorised engineers with the IZS:
- permanent residence in the Republic of Slovenia,
- obtained professional title of graduate engineer or engineer in the Republic of Slovenia, or a diploma obtained from a relevant higher education organization abroad and officially recognised in the Republic of Slovenia,
- a professional examination passed with the IZS for production of individual plans (architectural plans, landscape architecture plans, construction plans and other building plans, machine installation plans, electrical installation plans, technology plans, excavation and basic substructure plans for underground works, other plans for building construction),
- relevant work experience – a graduate engineer with at least 3 years of work experience, an engineer with at least 10 years of work experience,
- membership in the IZS.